Hi all, I am pretty bittersweet about starting this blog - I have always felt blogs were a little odd and almost too personal to have on the Internet. I decided to go ahead and start one because I want all of my loved ones back home to see and hear just what I have been doing over here. If you don't know I'm currently studying abroad in Swansea, Wales. It's a beautiful place located on the southern tip of Wales. I have had such an amazing time so far, and am sure it's only going to get better. I have made some really nice friends, that have made my time here so wonderful. I honestly haven't felt very homesick yet - I partly thank them for that. The other half is me growing up I guess. I am not only going to write about some the thoughts, feelings, and experiences I will have here, but I am also going to try and post some of my favorite pictures both I and some of my friends here take for you to see. I'll also upload some videos (thanks to Davis - best Christmas gift ever!) I really want to try and write on here as much as possible, even though I'm sure I'm going to have a hard time making it a habit, I promise I'm going to try. I love and miss all of you so much, and wish you could be here with me to experience some of the things I am. I am so happy I decided to come here - Life did me well.















Monday 15 February 2010

Ani-ball



So there is this absolutely huge club here called oceana. The other night my Friends and i went to an event they were having called ani-ball. Basically all of Swansea University goes to these events and takes the outfits ridiculously serious. It was actually really fun - my Friends and I dressed up like flamingos. Don't ask how we actually convinced the boys to do it, haha i was shocked when they agreed. The outfits turned out really cool though - Abbey and I made dresses, and then made the boys some weird looking outfits. It was a good time - There was a bull ride there (I guess to go along with the animal theme.. I rode it.) I never thought I would ever bring myself to get on one of those things, but i couldn't resist that night for some reason.. I didn't think i was going to be into the whole "fancy dress" thing here at all, but I am enjoying it - I'm sure it will start to get old as the semester progresses though. The people in the picture from the house are my freinds Abbey (amazing Friend from Wilmington), Steve Harris, Ryan Kramme, And Steven Rose (all new Friends from Iowa), and I. I don't think ill ever forget this night. The other shot was taken in the club with Abbey, Ryan, and two other dudes that dressed up as flamingos as well - I guess it was kind of a guy thing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment