Hi all, I am pretty bittersweet about starting this blog - I have always felt blogs were a little odd and almost too personal to have on the Internet. I decided to go ahead and start one because I want all of my loved ones back home to see and hear just what I have been doing over here. If you don't know I'm currently studying abroad in Swansea, Wales. It's a beautiful place located on the southern tip of Wales. I have had such an amazing time so far, and am sure it's only going to get better. I have made some really nice friends, that have made my time here so wonderful. I honestly haven't felt very homesick yet - I partly thank them for that. The other half is me growing up I guess. I am not only going to write about some the thoughts, feelings, and experiences I will have here, but I am also going to try and post some of my favorite pictures both I and some of my friends here take for you to see. I'll also upload some videos (thanks to Davis - best Christmas gift ever!) I really want to try and write on here as much as possible, even though I'm sure I'm going to have a hard time making it a habit, I promise I'm going to try. I love and miss all of you so much, and wish you could be here with me to experience some of the things I am. I am so happy I decided to come here - Life did me well.















Monday 15 February 2010

Some nights out







Here are some pictures from one of the greatest nights I have had here so far. It was a silent disco at a club in downtown Swansea. Basically you would get these huge headphones right when you walked in the door and when you went downstairs there was no DJ. Everyone could pick what type of music they felt like dancing to and would just wear the headphones the whole night! It was so much fun. When I took my headphones off for a minute it wasn’t exactly silent in the club, people were all singing along to the music they were listening to. It was real sick - I want to bring this idea back to Wilmington. I’m sure everyone would love it just as much as I did!



The other pics are from a night out where we were to dress up as school boys and girls. That night was a really fun night too. I surprisingly had all the clothing I needed, so I didn’t need to go out and buy stuff like mostly everyone needed to do. I did need to borrow a tie from my house mate Sam Buka though.

I forgot to mention that I live with 10 girls and guys (mixture of British and Americans) I love my living situation so much. I was lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment