Hi all, I am pretty bittersweet about starting this blog - I have always felt blogs were a little odd and almost too personal to have on the Internet. I decided to go ahead and start one because I want all of my loved ones back home to see and hear just what I have been doing over here. If you don't know I'm currently studying abroad in Swansea, Wales. It's a beautiful place located on the southern tip of Wales. I have had such an amazing time so far, and am sure it's only going to get better. I have made some really nice friends, that have made my time here so wonderful. I honestly haven't felt very homesick yet - I partly thank them for that. The other half is me growing up I guess. I am not only going to write about some the thoughts, feelings, and experiences I will have here, but I am also going to try and post some of my favorite pictures both I and some of my friends here take for you to see. I'll also upload some videos (thanks to Davis - best Christmas gift ever!) I really want to try and write on here as much as possible, even though I'm sure I'm going to have a hard time making it a habit, I promise I'm going to try. I love and miss all of you so much, and wish you could be here with me to experience some of the things I am. I am so happy I decided to come here - Life did me well.















Monday 15 February 2010

Day Trip to Bath.. The place


A group of us (mostly Americans) were given the opportunity to go to Bath, England a few weeks back with the University. It was a really nice trip – we just went for the day. I enjoyed walking around the town. In my eyes, it was exactly what I have always pictured England to look like - it was so beautiful. We saw the Roman Baths, which were also real cool. Something I noticed, and found a little distressing was how the museum was so modernized. Much of the ancient architecture was still there, but it was all built over and almost hidden with more modern architecture. I wish it could have just stayed in its original form. I assume this has to be done to in some way protect the original form from completely falling to pieces.

Quick last note: I am so grateful that I decided to travel here with Abbey, and that I have her here with me. She has been such a good friend to me. I honestly feel like this trip wouldn't be nearly as amazing without her here to experience it with. To have just one person you feel comfortable around can make such a difference when you are surrounded by thousands of new faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment